Manchester is a multicultural city with a diverse population; a population that is made up of people from many different backgrounds. This diversity and multiculturalism is reflected in the wide range of people who provide homestay accommodation. They are from a variety of cultural backgrounds. Some live alone and some with their partner and/or children.
Homestay accommodation is provided in partnership with an agent. All homestay providers are visited before they are accepted to host ULC students and thereafter are inspected every two years.
Homestay providers will offer the following:
- Students will be treated as a member of the family
- Bed, breakfast and evening meal Monday to Friday (no lunch included)
- Bed, breakfast, lunch and evening meal Saturday and Sunday
- Students will have their own bedroom (students who book as part of a group may be required to share with another student of the same group)
- Bed linen (student must provide their own towels/toiletries)
- Shared use of the family bathroom
- Laundry facilities or use of a washing machine (a reasonable amount of laundry once a week**)
- Shared use of living room or other communal areas
- Desk or table in own bedroom/the house for private study/homework
- Internet Access - extra fee applicable (students will need to provide own computer/laptop/printer or alternatively use University provided computer facilities)
A limited number of homestay providers are able to cater for special dietary requirements, such as vegan, vegetarian, diabetic, celiac, halal, kosher, lactose intolerance and allergy related diets. It is important that you let us know in advance if you need a special diet or have any allergies/medical conditions. Students with allergies/medical conditions will be required to provide written medical evidence from their doctor.
A number of hosts have family pets living with them in the home (e.g. cats and dogs). Students who have pet allergies should indicate this on their application form and provide written medical evidence from their doctor.
Please contact the ULC homestay accommodation team if you have any queries; firstname.lastname@example.org