Chambre de Commerce et d'Industrie de Paris (CCIP)
Next examination sessions:
- 11-15 May 2015
Deadline for registration: 20 March 2015
Taken by nearly 10,000 candidates worldwide each year, the Chambre de Commerce et d'Industrie de Paris diplomas are internationally recognised by companies and HE institutions as validating French language communicative skills within a professional context at one of six levels defined by the Council of Europe Common European Framework
As the only examination centre accredited by the CCIP in the North-West of England, the University of Manchester Language Centre currently offers its students and members of the public the opportunity to gain the following qualifications:
- Diplôme de Français Professionnel - A2 (DFP A2)
- Diplôme de Français Professionnel - B1 (DFP B1)
- Diplôme de Français Professionnel Affaires B2 (DFP Affaires B2)
- Diplôme de Français Professionnel Affaires C1 (DFP Affaires C1)
- Diplôme de Français Professionnel - Médical B2 DFP Médical B2)
- Diplôme de Français Professionnel - Scientifique et Technique B1 (DFP Scientifique et Technique B1)
Levels, programmes and preparation:
Each qualification corresponds to a particular level (A2 to C1) defined by the Council of Europe's Common European Framework for Languages. Detailed information on topics covered, including a sample examination (Jeu témoin) with correction, can be found on the CCIP website:
DFP A2 | DFP B1 |DFP Affaires B2 | DFP Affaires C1 | DFP Scientifique et Technique B1 | DFP Médical B2
For further advice on the examination you could take, please contact email@example.com.
Examinations can be prepared by taking a French LEAP course or independently. Advice, textbook lists, and access to the dedicated Intranet (Blackboard) can be provided on request at the above email address. It is also recommended that candidates be familiar with question types and communicative situations frequently set for examinations (see the sample tests above).
DFP Affaires C1: The oral examination includes a presentation on a business or economic topic chosen by the candidate and approved by the Examination Centre prior to registration. The topic should be of a controversial nature reflected in the title of the presentation (i.e. a controversial question) and preferably in relation to the francophone world). To submit your proposal, email the title in French firstname.lastname@example.org well in advance of the registration deadline.
The next examination sessions will take place between
- 11 - 15 May 2015
Examinations are held at the University of Manchester Language Centre over 2 half-days.
Depending on the qualification, examinations take between 9h30 and 18h00. They assess listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, along with topical knowledge, through multiple-choice questions and contextual tasks.
Oral tests are marked locally and written tests sent to Paris.
On the day(s) of the examinations, candidates must bring:
- their convocation aux examens (see below: 'Registration');
- proof of identity (passport or University card);
- a black or blue ink ball-point / felt-tip pen;
- optional: a paper unilingual or bilingual general dictionary.
Deadline for the May 2015examination sessions: 20 March 2015
Pre-requisites and regulations
- CCIP examinations are not open to French nationals (passport justification may be required for registration).
- CCIP examinations are open to anyone, including non-University of Manchester students / staff.
- There is no language level, language qualification and/or preparation course pre-requisite to taking any of the CCIP qualifications currently offered by the University of Manchester Language Centre.
- Provided that the examination schedule permits it, candidates can sit more than one of the above qualifications within a single session, except for DFP Affaires B2 and C1 which cannot be taken together.
- For the DFP Affaires C1, the topic of the oral presentation must be agreed by the Examination Centre prior to registration (see above: 'Preparation') and provided on the Registration form.
Registration may be done on site at the University of Manchester LEAP General Office, or by post. Please note that no registration will be accepted without payment:
Room LG8.2, School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
Samuel Alexander building
University of Manchester
Leap Administrator: Andrés Lozoya, Tel. +44 (0)161 275 8306,
Please click here for a downloadable Campus Map and for information on how to reach the University.
In order to register you need to bring/send a complete application form and payment - payment can be made by cheque or bank card (in person or by phone).
Enrolment form for the 2015 Chambre de Commerce et d'Industrie de Paris examinations Last updated: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 10:31:49 GMT File size: 66kbs
Registration fees for the May 2015 sessions are the following for University of Manchester students/staff (Fees in brackets are for external candidates):
- DFP A2 : £125 (£165)
- DFP B1 :£125 (£165)
- DFP Affaires B2 : £125 (£165)
- DFP Affaires C1 : £125 (£165)
- DFP Scientifique et Technique B1 : £125 (£165)
- DFP Médical B2 : £125 (£165)
- Fees can be paid in cash, credit/debit card or by cheque (payable to The University of Manchester). Proof of identity (passport and/or University of Manchester student/staff card) may be required.
- Registration can only be processed once payment has been validated.
- Fees are non-refundable once registrations have been forwarded to the CCIP.
- Once you have registered a schedule ('convocation') with the exact times and locations of your examinations will be sent to you at least one week in advance of the session.
Results and qualifications:
You will be notified of your overall result over the summer months.
The certificate or diploma will be sent to your permanent address in September.
Please note that we are not in a position to provide detailed marks for each test.